Sunday, April 22, 2012

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon: The End!


I really wanted to try and make it to the end, but at 3:30 AM, I am beginning to crash.  This has been fun, even though I did take time to get settled.  In the end, I did finish up a book!  And started several other ones...before settling into the book that I got done, haha.  This was great fun, reading and participating.  I didn't get to visit much though. :(  I am going to try and get around to a bunch of the participating blogs tomorrow.  The Readathon will be over, but it'll still be fun to peek in on other blogs. :)

And I've learned for next time...I really need a set plan, haha.  So, see you at the next one!  Good night!

ETA--

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
    I'm not sure the exact hour, but I think probably the hours when I couldn't get situated...where I kept getting distracted by other things not related to the Readathon.
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
    I didn't read this during the Readathon, but really liked them when I did read them, so: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins, Unearthly by Cynthia Hand, and manga.
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
    Not really.  It was my first time, and it was a great experience.
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
    I really liked the variety of mini-challenges.
  5. How many books did you read?
    Only finished 1, but I had started on 3.
  6. What were the names of the books you read?
    The Summer My Life Began by Shannon Greenland, Entwined by Heather Dixon, and Romancing Mr. Bridgerton by Julia Quinn.
  7. Which book did you enjoy most?
    Romancing Mr. Bridgerton.  It's one of my top favorites. <3
  8. Which did you enjoy least?
    I didn't get too far into Entwined to form an opinion, and The Summer My Life Began was okay.  So I guess I'd say I'm neutral, haha.
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
    Wasn't a Cheerleader this time around...
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
    I'm very likely to participate again!  Maybe I'll be a Cheerleader next time around, too. :]

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had lots of fun! And you finished a book, and that always feels nice! I love Anna and The French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door! Such great books, and you're right, they'd be great for readathon!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for following - I'm following you back! And I love your design, too, BTW, as well as the header! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...