Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My Meg Story + Mini-Review of The Boy Next Door (for Meg-A Readers Blog Hop)



Hello~!  I'm back with a post for the Meg-A Readers Blog Hop.  I want to start with a little bit about my "Meg story," which is basically how I found Meg Cabot.

I think most people found Meg Cabot through her Princess Diaries series, but not me! :)  I found her through her novel, The Boy Next Door.  One day about 6 years ago, I was at the library after school and was browsing books when I stumbled upon The Boy Next Door.  The next thing I know, I'm staying up trying to finish the book.  I couldn't put it down!  So I went in search of more and more by Meg Cabot and am working my through all she's written.  I am a Meg Cabot fan for life!


Now, a little bit about The Boy Next Door:



It is the first book in Meg Cabot's Boy series, and is written through e-mails between the characters.  This was the first time I'd ever read a book that was written that way, so it was new and different and interesting to me.  You got to meet all the characters through these emails, and boy, were they characters!  I really liked the main characters, Mel and John, which is key to liking a book overall.  The book in general was quirky and funny, even though there was supposed to be a little mystery.  The mystery is not really a mystery, as you can easily figure it out.  So it wasn't a serious book at all, and I enjoyed reading it.  I think it would be a great beach read, which is perfect since summer has just started!

Rating: 

So now I want to know...What's your "Meg story"? :)


2 comments:

  1. The Boy Series is great!! Have you read the other two?? :)

    Thanks for participating in Meg-A Readers Blog Hop!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read Boy Meets Girl, but haven't read Every Boy's Got One yet. It's on my TBR list! :]

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...